Eastwest College of Intercultural Studies trains Christian workers to serve outside their own cultural context and to do so in culturally sensitive and effective ways. Eastwest college staff bring experience of serving in a wide variety of cross-cultural settings including the Middle East, Cambodia, Thailand, Central Asia, China and West Africa.
Our programmes and community living are designed to develop Biblical knowledge, spiritual and emotional resilience, and relevant cross-cultural skills to serve effectively in another culture and thrive within a multi-cultural team.
Our goal is to develop Christians with:
- A Bible-based understanding of the mandate for cross-cultural Christian service
- An expanded worldview and the ability to see from the perspective of others
- Skills to step out of their own cultural context, and respectfully into another.
We achieve this through:
- Applied classroom learning and ministry and mission related assessments
- Practical cross-cultural ministries within the local area
- Community living with a culturally diverse group of committed Christians
- Pastoral care and vocational guidance by experienced staff