Before You Apply

Applicants should have:

  • A Christian testimony of faith in Jesus Christ
  • A membership of, and at least one year’s involvement in, a local church or assembly
  • The commendation of the local church
  • Evidence that they can undertake a course of intensive study and practical activity, i.e.:
    • The successful completion of a course of secular study or training
    • Satisfactory performance in regular employment
    • Physical fitness
  • Willingness for cross-cultural mission service
  • Be at least 18 years of age in the year of commencement of study
  • Read our “Is Eastwest for You?” page

To Apply

International Students

If English is not your first language, you will need to sit the IELTS (Academic) test.

You will need an IELTS score of 5.5. (with no band below 5.0) in order to enrol in the Diploma in Intercultural Studies Level 5  and an IELTS score of 6.0 (with no band below 5.5)  to enrol in the Diploma in Intercultural Studies Level 6. This is a NZQA requirement.

For pastoral care reasons and to support the best educational experience possible international students are required to live on campus in student accommodation. For more information please contact us.

International students wishing to enrol at the college can apply for student visas. Please be in contact with the college while you do this.

The process can sometimes be quite slow (so allow plenty of time!). Student visas are only granted by the NZ Government after the fees for the duration of the visa have been paid to the college in full.

Details of visas, permit requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available through the New Zealand Immigration Service website.

Eastwest College of Intercultural Studies is a signatory to the The Education (Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International Learners) Code of Practice 2021

Find out more about our intentional support of student wellbeing.

Eastwest College has a member of staff dedicated to supporting the practical and spiritual welfare of our international students.

Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand, so you will require medical insurance cover while you study with us.